|Varjak Paw (Book)|
|Chapter Number||1 (of 35)|
|Point of View||Varjak|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter one of Varjak Paw (Book). If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 1 (of 35)
- Page Numbers: 7-15
- Varjak tries to sneak out into the garden stealthily, but Father Paw stops him, and Mother Paw scowls him, saying that the garden his a nasty place and it wasn't for pure breed Mesopotamian Blues. As Varjak mentions that he wants to hunt out there, Julius rebukes him and tells Varjak that the tales are for kittens. He then begins to boast how he was loved by the Contessa the most, and accuses of Varjak for causing the Contessa's disappearance because of his amber eyes.
- All cats start laughing at Varjak now, provoking him and causing him to yell at Julius. Father scowls Varjak and tells Varjak that it was no way to act to his brother. As Julius taunts Varjak, Father tells him that he should't tease Varjak too much, and that the Countessa is upstairs because she's ill. He also tells Varjak that he should act like a proper Mesopotamian Blue, as they are noble and special cats. Varjak is angry and he doesn't respond, and Father dismisses his chance for supper.
- The Elder Paw offers to tell Varjak another tale about Jalal. But right after that, the door opens, and two shiny black shoes come into the door. After observing, he realizes that the newcomer was a man with two sleek black cats beside him. The man enters the room where the Contessa is.
- The Contessa is killed by the gentleman, the gentleman arrives at the house.
|Varjak Paw Chapters|
|Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Chapter 35|